Thursday, May 27, 2010

D-142 Diversity

Today's Tasra Mar's Thursday Theme is Diversity.
Diversity stems from the word diverse. Diverse differing from one another: unlike 2: composed of distinct or unlike elements of qualities syn different

Meet Don,
He let me take his portrait for a fee of $2.00. I got the idea from the $2.00 portraits.
Don

This was a huge milestone for me. I was really nerveous approaching him. This is something I've wanted to do for some time. After the portrait was taken and the money was paid - I was very proud of myself. Lucky for me I carry my camera with me and I happened to have my 50mm 1.4 lens. Yes!


My Reading corner:
Nikon D-300 User's Manual Pages 120-121
Getting Things Done by David Allen Pages 167-178

Today I read Digital Photography Visual Quick Tips by Gregory Georges. This is a good book for beginers. It has great tips.
Images viewed:
The Art of digital Photography by Hohn Hedgecoe. Another great book. For beginers and intermediate photographers. I really liked this one.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! Kudos on stepping outside your box to take the portrait! It looks great, and Don was a wonderful subject. I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job and a nice portrait.

I should try this sometime too.

AB said...

I am always impressed with the everyday portraits in Photos From Haninge. I am glad you have found a way to start out in this direction. This face, in particular, is full of character.

Anonymous said...

a wonderful portrait - this would have been a huge challenge for me too - well done

SimplyKuni said...

Great job Sandra. I love the $2 portrait idea and have tried it in the past myself. I was turned down because the guy thought I was exploiting him. This was after he hit me up for money and I offered to give him 2 bucks in exchange for his portrait. I does take some courage to approach people but very rewarding once you get over the fear. Keep doing it and it'll get easier.

greygirl25 said...

Very nice portrait. I love the $2 portrait project. I have met some really neat people with this project. Some of their stories have really stuck with me.

Way to go!

Jennifer said...

Aw, you did it! I haven't thought of give 2 bucks.. Don't even think I have the guts.

Glad you had the 50mm lens!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails