Tuesday, May 4, 2010

D-119 "Try something new" challenge

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
Albert Einstein




I've been out of town since last Thursday, even though I did take pictures every day I was not able to upload and share because I did not have my computer. I think I need a lap top.
Instead of playing catch up I will just pick up where I left off.
Day 119.
Tasra Mar posted a challenge last Thursday and that was to "try something new" I read on a forum, "Cherie" stated that crystals would make a great bokehed background - so I tried it. I like the results.
Diamonds and crystals

I got to spend some nice time with my Nephew Jose - I missed you so much! It was nice spending time with you. I'm very proud of what you've accomplished.

I also got to spend some time with my brother. Hey bro nice seeing you again.

And Alinda - thank you so much for your hospitality. You are a kind hostess. That 7 pound lobster really "rocked" LOL
You are doing an awesome job with your photography - keep it up.


Pages read in "The Nikon Creative Lighting System" by Mike Hagen 36-47

Awesome Macro Images viewed: Hatch Flickr

It's Tweeter Tuesday

12 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great! I love the idea of crystals for the bokeh! Lovely work - again!

PLPortraiture said...

SO nice to see you back and posting! :D
OH I remember when Dave first posted a pic of this ring .... You are so lucky

Anonymous said...

Lovely bokeh.
Did you have the ring sit on a granite stone? I like the reflection.

greygirl25 said...

Nice comp, the bokeh is awesome.

Sounds like you had a great trip.

Tasra Dawson said...

LOVE! Background, bokeh, reflection... this is beautiful.

Sandra said...

This is not granite stone. This is just an acrylic that was part of a picture frame. I ran the black backdrop underneath it.

Anonymous said...

beautiful shot

Gary Schmeidler said...

Great capture Sandra! Lots of elements to like in this shot from the bokeh, the composition and the reflection. And very nice ring!

Jennifer said...

wow.. so pretty.

Glad to hear you had a great trip!

Asiam Designs Photography said...

Hey Sandra - Glad you loved the lobster. Thanks for everything.... THE WEDDING TURNED OUT GREAT WITH ALL OF YOUR HELP. I am so lucky to have a friend like you. "One who shares her talents and time". As my mother said... "you're the type of friend every parent wants their child to have". I am also so glad you got to spend time with your family - it is so important! Can't wait to see you again.

Asiam Designs Photography said...

See how easily I get distracted.... Love this image. You try out the coolest things. That is why your photography ROCKS, Girl. WOOOOOWWWW

Eric Kunimura (SimplyKuni) said...

I really like the composition and contrast of the platinum ring and the colorful bokeh in the background.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails