Tuesday, May 18, 2010

D-133 Self-assessment

The Daily Shoot on Twitter
Challenged me today. Here is the challenge: Self-assessment is vital to artistic growth. Look thru the photos you've posted so far. Remake one you'd like to improve.


Self-Assessment is taking a good look at your self, at a task and examining how you can improve on it. What's good about it, what do you love about it and why. What don't you like and why, how can you change it?

Here is my challenge to you. Take the same self assessment challenge I did. Share your results.
Here is my improvement:
OCF and Bokeh

Here is the original
A rose and some bokeh

I added an umbrella and I changed the numbers on the flash and camera.

6 comments:

Gary Schmeidler said...

Nice work and interesting challenge Sandra! My challenge to myself would be to actually attach my flash to my camera and attempt to use it! :-(

SimplyKuni said...

The lighting is far better than the original and the white balance is correct now on the 2nd attempt. Great job! I would have preferred smoother bokeh like the first image though. ;)

greygirl25 said...

Very thought-provoking. I really do like your retake. I'll be following your footsteps on this one.

Anonymous said...

I like your improved retake. Lighting seems much balanced.

Unknown said...

Wow! Great challenge! I'm going to do that too! Beautiful work on that remake - it's absolutely lovely. I really like the way the light bokeh frames the flowers in the new one.

Anonymous said...

great retake, the colour is much nicer, warmer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails