Tuesday, May 25, 2010

D-140 Inspiration . . .

Where does your inspiration come from?
I've always been told to study images that you really like. To pay attention to the details. I look at the lighting, the composition, the color. I find what it is that attracts me to the image and I study what "it" is.
However, on Scott Bourne Photofocus Blog there is an article byTamara Lackey, she says "In my experience, though, I actually find that doing the opposite actually helps me to better crystallize what, exactly, I am drawn to, simply by better honing in on what is not of interest to me."

Interesting concept, I'll have to try and study the images I don't like. How about you where does your inspiration come from?

My image today is in response to The Daily shoot "#ds191 Focus the viewer's attention. Make a photo of a single subject with as plain a background as you can."
SRM_9570ers

Don't forget it's Twitter Tuesday over at Tasra Mar's
My Reading corner:
Nikon D-300 User's Manual Pages 118-155
Getting Things Done by David Allen Pages - 129-155

Images viewed: Douglas Dubler

6 comments:

Asiam Designs Photography said...

Cool... Simple, yet symbolistic.

greygirl25 said...

I like the lighting on this. Almost mysterious.

Anonymous said...

Nice lighting on this. Make it feel like the soldier is emerging from darkness.

AB said...

I have no idea how you do this black background stuff, but it looks great, especially here with the ominous subject

Unknown said...

Great point about studying what you don't like. One thing I enjoy doing is looking at photos at photovotr.com - you can vote for the one you like best. I enjoy this because I look at the two options presented, and analyze why I like one better than the other. It helps me understand what I think makes a good photo.

Great image! Very intriguing lighting!

SimplyKuni said...

Lighting is spot on! I like how dramatic this is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails