Tuesday, October 26, 2010

D-300 wooohooo day 300!

69 days more to go . . .

Even though we've had severe "wind storms" I want to celebrate this wonderful fall weather. I love all of the colors of fall on the trees and I was afraid after today all of the leaves would fall because of the wind and the dropping temperatures.

Just enjoying . . .
Who says you cannot take pictures in full sun or in the direction of the sun?

I don't usually use extreme actions on my images (especially portraits)but sometimes, just sometimes it works.
This is another freebie from Coffeeshop called Orton
Fall splendor

Today’s Daily Shoot assignment is:
Make a photograph today where vertical elements or lines dominate the scene.
Get out there, take a photograph, upload it, and tweet a link to @dailyshoot with the hashtag: #ds345

I ran Coffeeshops Moody pop and Orton on this one. It seems to fit the Halloween Theme.
Verticle elements

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that sun flare! Beautiful! Personally, I prefer the first version of the photo because of the detail in the darker areas, but the Orton effect is nice too.

The fence definitely has a spooky feel to it with those actions. Very seasonal!

(Just checking...is it really day 300? I'm on 299, and http://www.vpcalendar.net/Julian_Date.html tells me it's day 299.)

Sandra said...

according to my count it's day 300 for me. :)

Nikhil Ramkarran said...

Today is my day 300 (I started on new year's day this year). I have to say, it really does feel like a load starting to come of, I can see the end now. Even a week or two ago I was feeling pressure and feeling like quitting. But now it really feels like I have accomplished what I set out to do. Interesting.

I too like the first shot with the distinctive flare. Lens flare doesn't always work in a shot, but sometimes it really does a fair bit to enhance the feeling.

Prettypics123 said...

Congratulations on #300. I love the bubbles in the first shot. Very special!

shirley said...

Yay for day 300!! I love that orton action - very nice with the leaves and the trees. Cool fence, too - great details.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on day#300!
I think I lost my count as well..

I like the first shot too. Sun flare towards the lower right corner looks awesome.

AB said...

It is always a fun challenge to shoot into the sun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails