Monday, October 4, 2010

D-279 Velvet Petals . . .

“We’re falling like the velvet petals/We’re bleeding and we’re torn/But God is in the roses and the thorns.”

Soft

Sometimes the daily shoot seems a little strange to me but because the whole point of participating is to be challenged today's challenge:
ds#323 Bathrooms are full of hard surfaces, textures, and personal implements. Find an inspiring photograph in a bathroom today.

Nothing inspiring or creative in my bathroom so this is what I came up with.
toothbrush

Read Nikon D-700 User's Manual Pages 170-184
Images Viewed: Mi Belle Wedding Photography

4 comments:

Nikhil Ramkarran said...

I find it interesting sometimes how hard it can be for me to see a shot in some circumstances where my friends will instantly start shooting away.

This is one of the reasons I love photography so much; in chatting with a person you might think you have so much in common with them, then you each start taking pictures and you realize that you see the world in completely different ways.

Your photos may not always be art, but they are always a part of who you are.

Love the rose. The toothbrush? Not so much :) Nice try though.

Unknown said...

I'm actually impressed with the lighting in both. I'd like to know how you lit both of these shots. The rose is my favorite - the sharpness of the petals, and the quality of the light are just so striking! I think you did a great job on the assignment, too. I didn't even try this one!

Anonymous said...

I did try with my little one character tooth brush for "bathroom" assignment and didn't like the way it turned out. So had to try with the framing of the door ajar.

I do agree with your comments on TDS assignments being strange at times...but it's a challenge ;)

Love the rose shot - wonderful details on the petals and I like the warm feel on this shot.

AB said...

I like this close encounter with a toothbrush

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails