Friday, March 26, 2010

D-84 & D85 Sometimes Life just Happens . . .

Yesterday was my moms 70th Birthday! Feliz Cumpleanos Mom!
I think she looks great.
Mom

Mom on her 70th B.D.

My friend Flora
Flora & Me
This week has been pretty hard on us.
I love my friend Flora.
She's strong and courages.
She's overcome many obstacles
and has been able to succeed in life.
Flora is a Police Officer who's not afraid to take on men twice her size
(which happens to be a very small size)
She loves her family unconditionally.
She'll do just about anything for her friends and family.

I've always seen her as a warrior of sorts.
and yesterday she started the most intense battle of her life.
Flora was diagnosed with breast cancer.
I know that she'll pull through this just fine, with her determination
her sense of humor and all of her family and friends cheering her on.

You are not alone Flora. We are here for you. You have a whole community
of people at your bekon'call.
Don't forget "FIGHT LIKE A GIRL!"

Oh yeah, will be using John's clippers or Daves? ROFL

Thanks to Pam Lopez for this link.
Images viewed: Think Pink Photography

Pages read in the The Hot Shoe Diaries: Big Light from Small Flashes by Joe McNally 67-78

4 comments:

Gallow said...

Great photos. Flora has the right attitude!!

I like the blue back drop for your Mother's portraits. Normally I'm not a big fan of blue, but these work very well.

Jennifer said...

Flora~ Extra hugs from us, prayers & thoughts are with your family for you!

What pretty lady! Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Your mom looks fabulous! You captured her beautifully.

Flora sounds like an amazing woman. I know she's going to show that cancer who's boss!

Gary Schmeidler said...

Wonderful captures of your Mom
Sandra! and prayers sent for your friend Flora in her cancer battle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails