Thursday, November 4, 2010

D-308 & D-309 The world is your stage . .

go ahead and perform! LOL

The daily shoot challenge:
Today, make a photo that emphasizes or even exaggerates brightness in a scene.

Three shots for today showing 3 different lighting techniques.
Off camera flash to camera right. Candles used as background and bokeh.
Stage fright
Stage Fright
Orange and red are very difficult to convert to black and white and not have it look muddy.
Candle light only - went for a more of a silhouette version
Silhouette

Light to camera right shot through an umbrella.

The star of the show
and for yesterday just another edited one
dramaticbw

5 comments:

greygirl25 said...

I'm really impressed with the three images. Nice work Sandra.

I had a Photoshop background, but I am in love with the control that I get with the camera.

Nikhil Ramkarran said...

I'm not too keen on the first one, it looks too cluttered to me, but the second one I really like. Very moody, yet somehow sensual, the composition feels relaxed yet with a bit of an edge. A classic.

Unknown said...

Nice work on the lighting! I love how you illustrated different lighting techniques. My favorites is the 3rd one because the color of the flower is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

I like the way you are experimenting with lighting techniques. Good for you ;)

I really like the last one with the lighthouse. Inclusion of the bird flying high has added more interest to this composition.

AB said...

Great black and white cloudscape

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails