Saturday, September 18, 2010

D-263 You have to have a plan

Today I walked a 5K with and for my friend Flora, against breast cancer. I am really proud of this strong warrior.

I also had a 2 year old in the studio today. Look at this sweet child! The eyes, the hair, the cheeks! She looks like her mom - just gorgeous.

I normally over shot. I challenged my self to cut down on all of the shooting. There are times when it is neccessary, but not always. It's become a cruch for. To make sure I "got the shot." I'm not talking about practicing everyday. I'm talking about snapping the shutter 20 times to make sure you get the right one. Well, not this time. I had planned in my mind what kinds of shots I was gonna try to get. We got what I wanted in about 40 shots, less than 40 minutes. I'll offer the family about 20. Easy for the family and easier on me. That was a tip from the Professional photographer magazine.

High Key - Toddler

Little Princess

Sunflower baby
I used my Nikon 50mm 1.4
what a sweet lens!

Nikon D-700 Users Manual read section on custom white balance.

Images viewed: Jose Villa Blog

4 comments:

Nikhil Ramkarran said...

The temptation always is to spray and pray. I do it all the time. I think you have to reach a certain level of confidence before you can convince yourself that you have what you need, or you know what you are doing and don't need to machine gun the poor subject.

Very nice portraits, you definitely did not lose anything by taking a more considered approach. A nice confidence booster.

Judy said...

These are great. It's good that you made yourself get good shots in fewer clicks. I've seen this floor/wall scene many times. It must be in your house/studio? It makes a great background.

Unknown said...

Kudos for the 5k!! You ladies are awesome!

Beautiful work with the precious little lady! Your studio work is so consistently great.

greygirl25 said...

Oh Sandra, she's beautiful.

Such beautiful portraits.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails