Monday, December 1, 2008

Dance, Dance, Dance . . .

There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good.
~Edwin Denby

After a long Monday work day David and I went to our very first formal dance lesson. Jan and Alex, my In Laws, gave us a gift certificate last year for these lessons. We finally decided to go.
It was so much fun! David enjoyed it too. Our first lesson consisted of a few moves from the Hustle, Fox Trot, Waltz and the Samba. these are the shoes we wore to class because you are supposed to be able to "slide" across the dance floor. We have several other lessons already booked.

Mom and Dad, thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. Your gifts are always to thoughtful and caring. We really appreciate it.

P.S. Hanging on my shoe is my new favorite everyday jewelry and also in the photo is the dance studios business card. How bad am I, when I was there I was looking around thinking - "this would make an awesome photography studio. Nice floors, nice window." LOL


Just for fun: Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels. ~Faith Whittlesey

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun!!! That's something my husband and I have talked about doing too. I can't wait to hear more about it as you continue to learn!

Eric L said...

Looks like you had a good time, and I don't see any footprints on any of your shoes ;)

Unknown said...

The difference in brands is the quality of material and design of the shoe. Companies that have a long history of experience in dance shoes understand what it takes to make a shoe comfortable and light on your feet. Choosing a quality brand name shoe like Capezio will prevent you from having to buy many more shoes in the future.

Mel said...

how fun! We're talked about taking lessons together, maybe when he gets home we'll actually take the plunge

Jennifer said...

fun plans for two of you. Relax dance away.

Cool shot of shoes!

Tess said...

Nice shot! Great light! I love the Honu necklace, too! :) Hubby and I took two dance classes in College and learned that we can not dance together. He wants to lead but has NO rhythm. LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails