Monday, June 15, 2009

224 - 226 of 365

Friday, June 12, 2009 We went to a presentation, of sorts. Izzy, my youngest was introduced, along with about 40 other students, as participants in H.O.P.E. Hispanic Organization Promoting Excellence, Hispanic Youth Leadership Academy. Basically, this summer the group is going to Indiana University Bloomington (College Campus) and staying there for 3 days and they will be learning Leadership skills. I am so proud of him.


These 2 images were taken at the camp ground. Just a wild flower/weed.
However, both images were taken at the same time of day just the camera settings were different.


and last but not least, this little toad made me scream like a little girl and my mother in law just thought that was the funniest thing. Even while holding him, I screamed - hey he was kicking and thrashing. I put him in a safe environment, back in his home, away from my dogs.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute little toad!! :) I don't like to be startled by them though... I really like the second 'flower' pic. What a difference settings can make! Good for Izzy!!

Unknown said...

Weeds are in the eye of the beholder. We have those around here too, and I think they're pretty.

I think I'm going to get to take camping photos this week!! Yay!!

Tess said...

I love that first picture. It reminds me of early morning or dusk. Lovely half light. :) You made me laugh with that little toad. Now, the humongous Bufo toads out here make me scream like a little girl! hahaha

Eric L said...

Great flower images! And lol with the frog!

Jennifer said...

Proud of Izzy!!

lil toad fun!! in my hands, no thank. ha ha

pretty sunset in background..

Asiam Designs Photography said...

girl.... yuck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails