Monday, June 7, 2010

D152 /D153 It ain't pretty!

Blogger did not let me post yesterday. I couldn't even comment on people's blogs I follow. That really irritated me.
So today I give you two post. Day 152 & 153
Today
It ain't Pretty but it's the Daily Post challenge #204
"Manhole covers have character and quietly tell a story. Make a photo of a manhole cover in your neighborhood today."
What story does this manhole tell? That we live in an interesting place. That we live in a suburban area. With the city to one side of us and the country to the other side. That it's collected many grass clippings, leaves and acorns.
Manhole cover
It's like a filter and when it's taken too much at once or too much garbage period it goes into overflow and backs up.
Sort of like my brain. It's overloaded with activity and info and the filter is full. Today I have a migraine. Time to slow down and give the old filter a break.


Yesterdays Daily shoot was to capture sun flair. I had to enhance my sun flair in PS but I redid it today.
Enhanced flair
sunflair and weather vane

Real sun flair
DSC_0001e_resized



Images viewed: Peekaboo Photo Blog


My reading corner:
Nikon D-300 User's Manual Pages 165-168
Now reading:
A Short Course in Photography by London & Stone pages 18-31

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely work! Your manhole cover is interesting! It definitely tells a story of a homey neighborhood.

Nice sunflare. Did you have the same problem with sunflare that I had yesterday? I didn't even think of "enhancing" it in PS. Huh. I just might try it anyway!

Anonymous said...

Love the manhole shot. Wonderful texture and love the grass peeking through the holes. I think those grass add life to this shot.

Like the pov on the other shots.

SimplyKuni said...

I like how you shot your manhole cover. In fact, I like the idea of the manhole cover so much that I decided to us it as inspiration for my 365 today. :)

greygirl25 said...

The sun flair with the flower is beautiful, I'm glad you got a second chance to shoot it.

The manhole is fabulous. I love the perspective. My first thought would have been to shoot it straight down from above. Love the side shot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails