Tuesday, February 23, 2010

D-53 New Photography Photo Series

I have been wanting to do a Photography Series or Study for quite some time but the subject matter has always eluded me. Today I decided I would do the series on Flowers. Not just flowers but mono-chromatic flowers. I will do this at least once a week. Here is my first set. I bought some flowers for my friend and I took pictures of this one before I gave it to her.

Flower

Flower

Studio shot, ISO 200, F 5.6, 1/125s, 28-105 @105
Shot in Raw

A few post ago I recommended Tasra's Blog I'm really enjoy reading her blog and watching her mini-videos.
According to a challenge from Scott Bourne to Tasra these 3 actions will improve your photography skills by 300% (that's a whole lot!)
The actions are:
1. Take at least 1 photo every day.
2. Read at least 1 page in my camera manual every day.
3. View other professional images every day.

#1 - Check
#2 - My camera manual is in storage so I'm reading the Nikon D300 Digital Field Guide by J.Dennis Thomas, which according to my husband, is as good as the manual. I'll be posting tidbits from that book on my blog.
#3 - I'll continue doing that also.

My reading today consisted of a quick tour of the camera, where everything is and what it's called. Pages 1 -12

The professional I'd like to share today is Roy Volkmann, I found his name in an old photography book and I fell in love with his work immediately. He does mainly commercial work and it's apparent that he views the human body as art. (Some nudity on his site)

Last, but not least, I'd like to introduce you Jelly Bean. This adorable puppy belongs to my Co-Worker and his wife. I believe Jelly bean is 6 or 7 weeks old and weights 1.5 pounds! Very playful and cute! Congratulation Brandon and Michelle.
Oh and I get to puppy-sit for a couple of days soon. So I'll get a chance to get some nice studio shots of him. I think I'm an auntie to Jelly Bean.

DSC_4776ers

6 comments:

Asiam Designs Photography said...

Very nice Sandra. Capture 1 is my favorite. I look forward to your series.

PLPortraiture said...

Very interesting, but I love the macro capture!

... and are you crazy woman???!!! Puppy Sitting???!!! :p I wouldn't be able to resist either.

Unknown said...

I love both flower shots - black and white for flowers is so artistic! Lovely work on those! That puppy is too cute...watch out - you might get puppy fever!

365 by K.O.S. Photography said...

What a cute furry friend you have!! I love that shot and shot number two!! As always I love coming by and checkin out your work!!

CapturedMomentsbyRACHEL said...

sandra these are so pretty;) i love how you always capture the beauty in every picture you take!!

Jennifer said...

Love you snapshots.... so pretty!

sweet lil pup!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails