Monday, December 13, 2010

D-346

The daily shoot #ds393 Make a photo of a pair of subjects today. People or inanimate objects are both fair game!
Couldn't decide which to share, so all three it is

Ornaments

Snow ornaments

and finally a picture of my miniature dachshunds, Reesee & Twix. They are 10 & 12 pounds full of personality!
They were not to happy about dressing up either, but I was holding their treat. LOL
Reesee & Twix Christmas Pic

I have a young friend (Khalila's best friend) who is going to college for Photography and Graphic Design. I spent a couple of hours with her last Saturday at the abandoned church. I've challenged her to better her photography and she's accepted.
If you get a chance drop by her blog Challenge Accepted and leave her a few words of encouragement. We should help, push, motivate and mentor our younger generation to do better than we have. I have not doubt Miss Alexis will go beyond anything I've even dreamed of doing photographically speaking. Good luck hon, and you know I'm only a phone call away.



Images Viewed: Scott Robert Gallery

7 comments:

Prettypics123 said...

Hi Sandra,
Where do you take your daily prompts from? Do you make them up yourself? It just occured to me that I could take some of your past prompts to use as my prompts. Heck, I could even start today with today's prompt. Okay, so let me see what I can do. I went by to give Alexandra some support. Take care...

xolexo said...

Aww, thank you! You know eventually you'll be sick of the calls/IMs. ;)

I, of course, love all three of your photos today, but of the first two, I favor the second because (1)those ornaments are ADORABLE and (2)you managed to stealthily add in a second pair; however, the reflection in the first photo is amazing!

That last photo is hilarious! It captures their personalities so perfectly: Reesee the darling diva and Twix the lovable beggar. Too cute!

Carolyn Ford said...

I love all three! Your little pooches look SO cute all decked out for the holidays! I also really like the red ornaments against the white...beautiful!

Nikhil Ramkarran said...

That first shot is sensational! The composition is spot on with the central, in focus ornament, the empty space on the right and the elements using the space on the left. Nicely done.

I'm not so keen on the second one. Maybe if I hadn't seen the first one and ended up inevitably comparing them. But it suffers by comparison to the first.

The photo of the dogs is adorable. They look so long suffering, as if to ask "Do we have to do this? Again??" :)

Unknown said...

I just love that first shot of the ornaments - the background almost looks silvery with the shiny red. Just beautiful! Nice work on all of these!

Prettypics123 said...

Sandra,
Is there a reason you put your logo on each shot? Just wondering as some people do this and others don't. I started the daily challenge today. Feedback aimed at helping me improve would be much appreciated! Take care!

Anonymous said...

These shots are just amazing. I like the way the Christmas ornament reveals the surroundings. The white snows as a backdrops, just works perfect for this ornament shot.

Second shot is cute. Excellent use of DOF and I like the inclusion of ornaments from the first shot in the background.

Third shot is adorable (needless to say) and lovely portrait and like the way you have dressed up these dachshunds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails