Wednesday, April 7, 2010

D-97 Ever Feel like giving up?

On people, careers, on your dreams?
I come to this fork in the road many times a month. When I get there I usually just need a break. The I keep on keeping on. Sometimes battered but a lot of times victorious.
What do you do when you get to the crossroads and you feel like giving up?

“Lots of people limit their possibilities by giving up easily. Never tell yourself this is too much for me. It's no use. I can't go on. If you do you're licked, and by your own thinking too. Keep believing and keep on keeping on.” Norman Vincent Peale

My new learning curve is OCF (off camera flash) and as I continue to learn and experiment I will continue to chart my progress on this blog. Thank you to those of you who come and peak into my world - and a bigger thanks to those of you who leave me some blog love - that is very encouraging.

This first set up is as follows:
Nikon D-300
50MM flash
ISO200 F2.2 1/100s
Flash to camera left

Light 'er up

This set up:
Nikon D-300
50MM flash
ISO200 F3.5 1/100s
Flash to camera left, slave to camera 2o'clock with blue gel

Ladies in blue



Inspiration: Professional Photographer April 2010 Issue and Flickr
Pages Read in "The Hot Shoe Diaries" by Joe McNally 218-250

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! OOOh! OOOh! That second one is beyond fabulous!! Stunning! Amazing!! The first one is nice too, although I think the blossoms get a little lost in the lights...but the blue one is a WOWZERS photo!

PLPortraiture said...

I have to agree with Elli, WOWZER!

I just love your bokeh effects! KEEP IT UP GIRL !!!

Jennifer said...

So pretty.. with bokeh!

Andrey Dorokhov said...

Interesting effect!
Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails