Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dried flower

"A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them. "
Liberty Hyde Bailey



My family has always told me I have a "green thumb" what ever that means. I plant seeds, they grow. I plant flowers, they grow. House plants are no exception. I mean you just have to remember to water them - but not too much. Thin them out, give them food and some sunshine. There you have it. It's the reason that every fall I'm left with the problem of what to do with so many house plants because they have multiplied over the summer. I have several house plants that very few people have seen bloom. Here is a picture of a dried "flower" Not sure what it's called, but I was cleaning them out today and there it was. Thought I'd take a picture before I threw it away.
Now I'm looking for homes for half of my house plants - cause as much and I love plants and flowers I hate clutter and they are starting to clutter my windows and floor. Sadly, they have to go.

5 comments:

Thistle Creek Photography said...

Love it!

I would offer to kill off a few of your plants, but it isn't like I'm down the street..

I have a couple Ivy I have to try not to kill this winter...

Unknown said...

I was thinking the same thing - I'll take a few...but I don't just live down the street either. I love the composition of your shot1

Jennifer said...

Good one. Dad would notice some leaves weak here.. knows when I may haven't water them.

;-)

I best check on plants and water them

Tess said...

Lovely! I love that quote, too! Could be said of children, as well. :)

Design by Jenn said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the bokeh :)
A green thumb is one thing that I just don't have ... I envy you for this :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails